Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Carrying on....

We hear it said occasionally by someone who gets it... that,  "We were lucky enough to be the care taker of this plane for a short time".   What is it about old airplanes, that captivate us so?


 Old Airplanes... Through Time and Generations
Kindred souls are drawn to these majestic old man-made flying machines,
which God uses to touch our lives.
They capture our hearts. They carry us aloft and beyond the constraints
of normal existence.
Through the miracle of vintage flight God shows us
a glimpse of His heavenly Glory. 
And so we experience a freedom shared by only a 
select and blessed few.
Old airplanes bring us together in unique ways and establish an
unspoken bond and lasting experiences.
Memories such as these span through time causing us to see these old airplanes
as more than mere material objects.
We pour our selves into rebuilding and maintaining
them to preserve them in newness.
In doing so, we reach out to others who have also passed this way
or who enjoy the thrill of keeping history alive,
And for the lucky ones who understand, we carry on faithfully 
that we may pass them through time and generations.
We discover that the true blessings are not the airplanes themselves.
It really is all about the people
And we travel in old airplane time machines building friendships and memories... 
through time and generations.

I dedicate this posting to my dad, John Bowden and others who've passed and who followed their dreams and shared them with me.  And I look forward to some future postings where I get to share some of the lifelong friendship stories and memories that have blessed me and my family.


One of those friendships, I will share with you now... Kelly Mahon.  Here is a cool photo shot by one of our mutual friends, Michelle Diaz.  This photo speaks to both Kelly and I as we "carry on" in both our dad's footsteps.  That's a story for another posting, but this photo is the cause for this post title and for triggering my thoughts today..... "Carrying on"




1 comment:

  1. It seems a simple poem. When I read it I'm touched. I feel it that you have a passion in plane. I wish I want to be a pilot someday. :)

    ReplyDelete

Barnstmr's Random Slideshow

Blog Followers