Monday, July 28, 2008

Another family treasure, Taylorcraft BC12-D

I heard a quote once that goes something like this... "People don't 'own' airplanes, but if we are lucky, we get to care for one for a while". I thought this was a great attitude and a good way to look at any of our earthly treasures. It all belongs to God, anyways.
Taylorcraft BC12-D (N95598) is the plane I currently am blessed to care for. Like the Robin, the Tcraft has been in my heart for years. This is the plane my dad instructed me to fly from the time I was 14 yrs old until the fabric was about to fall off. I actually didn't do my first solo in this airplane, but all my learning follies happened in this bird. When I was in my late teens and early 20's, I helped my dad restore the Tcraft and it flew again in 1984. Dad sold it to Lee Eyeler in '85 and I never expected to see it again. Lo and behold in 2005, Lee gave me a call and offered me the chance to buy it back. In the grand scheme, I had no business doing so, but with my wife's blessing, I scraped up the money. Thanks Lee!

1 comment:

  1. Greetings from Falls County,
    It's always nice to read about one of these old birds coming home.

    ReplyDelete

Barnstmr's Random Slideshow

Blog Followers